Thursday 28 November 2013

Strawberry Photo Board



Last summer I was asked by a lovely lady here in Sheffield
if I could make her a strawberry shaped photo board. 
It was going to be a present for her bestest friend who loves
strawberries. What she wanted was sort of like those fabric covered
notice boards with ribbons crisscrossing at the front
to hold papers, cards, etc.
I've never made one before but decided to give it a go.
It wasn't needed til November so I had time to come up with
a design and plan.


I started off by cutting out a giant strawberry shape from
 two pieces of red spotty fabric then appliqued the leaves onto one of
them using blanket stitch.



Then I did a bit of embroidery before sewing both pieces of fabric
wrong sides together with the stalk then turned it right sides out.
I used medium interfacing on both sides to help hold its shape.


Instead of ribbons I attached these wooden pegs to the front
to hold photos.


Here it is stuffed and padded 


and all finished.


I was hoping it was what the lovely lady had in mind and
luckily it was. She liked it so much she gave me
the nicest compliment and paid me extra for my work!
Hurray!
Hoping to hear from her soon. Fingers crossed her friend will
love it too!



Thanks for reading!
See you soon!

x

6 comments:

  1. This is just lovely, the prettiest pin board ever!
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marianne! And another thank you for visiting my blog. Will be visiting yours soon!
      Marion x

      Delete
  2. This is so lovely! I really like it, what a fun and original take on a pin board. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gillian! Have a lovely weekend!
      Marion x

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it's so cute!!! I'm sure whoever's receiving the gift will appreciate it. Love your work Marion.

    Can I order a crocheted cherry pin from you? You can e-mail me at craftmatesetc@gmail.com.

    Thanks and I hope you're enjoying the weekend.
    Virna

    P.S. Sorry I had to delete my previous comment as I gave you the wrong e-mail address.

    ReplyDelete