Saturday 12 December 2015

Red Robin Christmas Cards



We've been making Christmas cards this week. Last year we had
 reindeers, this time we have little red robins!


We really enjoyed our card making last Christmas and I wanted
a design that was as easy and simple but equally as effective as the
reindeers, something that we can all do together. I thought robins
might work. They're very Christmassy, appearing in cards, postage
 stamps and all manner of festive decorations every year and they're
cute too. So I came up this little idea to make them:

We started off with brown paint (we used children's washable paint)
and using their fingers, the girls made three or four brown circles
on the cards. Lulu needed a bit of help with this but Markie did hers
 all by herself.


When they have dried, Markie and I coloured in the bottom half
of the circles with red felt tip pens to make the robins' red breast markings.


Then it was adding the little details - eyes, wings, legs. 


Ta dah! Four little robins! 


I then used alphabet stamps to write the Christmas greetings
and it was done! Simple, quick and lots of fun.


We're really pleased with these and we're looking forward
to giving them to friends, family and the girls' teachers. As always
I'm glad that we can do things like this together, that they're happy
to help and join in, and I have the time to craft and be with them.
It makes this time of year even more special and really great fun.


We'll have more Christmassy things to share soon.
Thanks for stopping here. Enjoy your weekend!



11 comments:

  1. They are cool! I made fingerprint cards this year too ;). They are quick and easy aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're fabulous, I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, Marion. They are so cute! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marion they're gorgeous!! What an amazing idea, I might borrow that next year if that's ok! I love robins :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. They have to be the cutest cards!!! I am sure that everyone will love them! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fantastic. My girls love doing stuff like this. Have you seen any of Ed Emberley's fingerprint books. Great ideas for other animals etc xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet. I bet this was such fun to do and I'm sure the recipients will be thrilled with their jolly robins.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are just brilliant! I love the way the little robins have so much personality. Fab idea. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bet this was such fun to do and I'm sure the recipients will be thrilled with their jolly robins.


    สูตรบาคาร่า
    goldenslot

    ReplyDelete