Wednesday 15 March 2017

Salted Caramel Flapjacks


Salted caramel is a flavour combination I love and recently I've found
a really easy way to add this flavour to flapjacks, a baked treat I make quite
often for the family. I've looked at a few recipes for salted caramel flapjacks
and in most of them you have to make the caramel. It seems to be a bit of a faff,
I just use shop-bought salted caramel sauce. It's easy and quick and the result
has that nice combination of salty and sweet which is what I'm after. I've had to
tweak my recipe a few times but I'm finally happy with it and I thought I'd
share it here with you.


Ingredients:

175 grams   unsalted butter
150 grams  demerara sugar
                     1 tablespoon    golden syrup                           
          3 tablespoons   salted caramel sauce*
350grams  porridge oats
1/2teaspoon   sea salt flakes, plus extra to sprinkle

Pre-heat the oven to 180 C degrees. Grease and line with baking parchment
a square 8x8inch baking tin.

In a bowl, mix together the oats and sea salt flakes. Set aside.

Melt together the butter, sugar, golden syrup and caramel sauce in a saucepan
over low heat. Stir in the oats and sea salt. Mix well and turn into the prepared
baking tin. Press flat with the back of a spoon and sprinkle a pinch or two
of sea salt on top.

Bake in the pre-heated oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown.
Leave to cool for a few minutes then mark into 16 squares. Leave to finish
cooling in the tin.


*I use salted caramel sauce from Aldi and Waitrose. They're both good.
I've tried this brand before but for brownies. I think it would be great, too, but
I haven't been able to find it in any of the local supermarkets lately.


Thank you for your lovely comments on my previous post. I hope we'll have
 a really good spring season this year - lots of blue skies and sunshine and
not too much rain.

See you soon! x

11 comments:

  1. That looks delicious! I love seeing what you cook, sure wish I could sample some of your yummy treats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, how delicious. I love salted caramel too, thank you for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mum, I love flapjacks. This looks like a super recipe Marion x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear! I of course meant to say 'Mmmm', not 'Mum'!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing. I am definitely going to try these out. Perfect for a bit of weekend baking and tea drinking.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks delicious! I often make flapjack so shall definitely give your recipe a try. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love salted caramel and flapjacks. A combination thereof sounds just like what I need. I didn't know it was possible to buy salted caramel sauce, thanks for the tip and thanks for the recipe. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just the title of this post made my mouth water! These look delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mum, I love flapjacks. This looks like a super recipe Marion x
    สูตรบาคาร่า
    โกเด้นสล็อต

    ReplyDelete