Friday 20 December 2013

It's Nearly Christmas!



Just a few days to go til the Big Day
and it's starting to get exciting!

Our house is finally looking festive.
We have a tree we've decked with lights and mostly
 red and white ornaments.

And there are cards and little Christmas people on shelves
and the mantlepiece.


I have made a bunting similar to the one on the cover of
Home and Antiques' December issue using fabrics and
a length of red ribbon.
I think it's the perfect Christmassy trim for our window.

We've also been sampling a few mince pies (this one is Heston's)
but we all agree those made by my mother-in-law are still
our favourite.

The girls have been to Christmas parties in nursery and playgroup
and have met Santa Clause although I'm not too sure how much of it
my youngest understands.
Nevertheless she's enjoying the little treats from their
advent calendars as much as her big sister and they both
love reading their Christmas books. Doing Christmas is their favourite
at the moment.

I've had some early Christmas treats too

and there might be more of these in my stocking on
Christmas Day. Who knows?

On the making front there are still a couple more presents
I need to finish but I'm (slowly) getting there and I'm not worried.

This weekend I'm looking forward to more Christmassy orange and almond
cake. My husband and eldest daughter are making it again- hooray!
We'll be at my in-law's house on Christmas Day but on
Christmas Eve we have a little family celebration with Filipino food.
So this Sunday or Monday afternoon I'll most likely be found making spring
rolls while listening to Christmas songs on the radio.
Looking forward to it!

How are your Christmas preparations going?
 Hope it's all going well.

Have a lovely weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you Marion, it all sounds lovely. Thanks for your kind words over at mine.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your red and white theme, it's so pretty, and I love the sound of Christmas Eve spring rolls, yum. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and wish you all the best for 2014. x

    ReplyDelete