Friday 21 November 2014

This week...



.......I started my Christmas making.


Nothing big, just gift tags using these paper tapes - a nice little project 
to get our festive making underway. I'll show you the gift tags
next time.



.......the yarn I ordered came through the post and they're as
lovely as I'd expected.


I'll be using these to make a present for my mother-in-law.
I can't wait to get started!



......I bought a new crochet book.


I don't think I need another craft book but this has pretty
and useful projects that I'm interested in making (the pot holders
and table runners are my favourites) and it's only £3.99. It was a good
bargain and I couldn't resist.



......we made orange and almond cake.


It's been a long time since we've made this cake and yesterday
we were reminded by how simple it is to make and how delicious
it tastes. We'll be baking this again soon.



.......we've all felt a bit unwell.


Markie was the first one to get sick and had to miss three days of
 school. Thankfully she's well again and went back to school yesterday.
The rest of us are still not a hundred percent well but we're getting
better everyday and hopefully by the end of this week we'd be rid of
all these nasty germs and bugs.



So that's a bit of our week so far. Hope yours is going well and
you're all keeping warm and healthy. See you soon!






6 comments:

  1. Sorry you've all been unwell but glad you are all on the mend. It's good you've managed to find some good things in your week too though and that cake looks delicious. Looking forward to seeing your gift tags!
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're all on the way to getting better and can enjoy the weekend. That cake looks delicious x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you're not well - hope you're all feeling better soon :) That cake looks delicious, and the yarn too! Looking forward to seeing what you make with it :)
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that you are all better again soon. Your yarn looks deliciously soft and cosy!! I love your crafty tapes as well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry you've been unwell! Those tapes are fantastic,I can't wait to see the tags. I'm cleaning/preparing for Christmas decorating this week, and David surprised us by putting up Christmas lights yesterday. We haven't done outdoor lights in so long, our 11 year old couldn't remember them, but has been wanting to do them forever. I also look forward to seeing what you're making for your mother-in-law, though I assume we won't see that until after Christmas! I have been busily knitting a doctor who scarf for my son's girlfriend, whew! I do love it, though. That cake looks so yummy, it's reminding me of an orange tea loaf I used to make. Will have to dig that one out! I do hope everyone is better soon - hopefully this will be *it* for illness, so you all may enjoy the Christmas holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That yarn is a delicious colour!! I'd love to see what you made...xx

    ReplyDelete