Wednesday 23 March 2016

Egg Bunnies and Butterflies


The girls and I had a go at painting and decorating hard-boiled eggs
this morning. It's the school's Easter egg decorating contest tomorrow
and they are both super egg-cited!


We've never painted eggs before; it was messy and very fiddly. 
Lucky that we used kids' washable paint. It made cleaning those
messy little hands much easier and although we had to paint
several coats and it took ages, the colours came out all right once
they've dried. 


As you can see we used egg cups when we were painting. They were
very handy - the girls painted one end first and when it dried, we turned
the egg over and did the other side. 


So what did we make? Well, meet Lulu's three little egg bunnies. They
have craft paper ears, googly eyes and pom-pom tails and noses.



And these are Markie's butterflies. They too have googly eyes and
craft paper for their wings and like the bunnies, they have cupcake
holder beds.


There are so many brilliant ideas for decorating eggs in Pinterest
and that's where I saw those bunnies. The butterflies are our own
little creation. We'd have tried making a ladybird too but we didn't
have any polka dot paper. Oh well, we'll try that one next year.

These were all a team effort - they painted, I made sure they covered
all the surfaces; I cut out the ears and wings, they glued them on together with the eyes, tails and noses - and we're very pleased with them all. The girls fancy themselves winning tomorrow. There will be
 one winner per class including nursery and the prize is a giant
chocolate egg. If it's up to me they'll both win because they did an
egg-cellent job (sorry!). Those bunny tails should earn extra points
just for cuteness! But, of course, I'm biased. We'll have to wait
and see tomorrow. Wish them luck!


19 comments:

  1. Super job, girls! Good idea to use an egg cup to help with the painting. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are gorgeous!!! Well done to the girls for great work and you for encouraging great ideas! The bunny tails are incredibly cute aren't they! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are lovely. Fingers crossed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I love your tablecloth - is it Cath Kidston?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What cute creations they both made, both deserve to win I reckon.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely think those eggs are winners, too cute! Have a lovely week, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, bright and lovely! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent work Lulu and Markie! Yes, painting eggs is very tricky, but they did a really good job. I hope you had a lovely Easter weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely.....something different for Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely.....something different for Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They're just great! Such a great idea. They did a brilliant job. We tried our own egg box creation (a school project) - I deserve a prize :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope the girls did win - these are FAB!xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey there I am so glad I found your site, I really found you by
    error, while I was researching on Google for something else,
    Nonetheless I am here now and would just like to say
    many thanks for a fantastic post and a all round thrilling blog
    (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read through it all at the moment but I have bookmarked it and also added your RSS
    feeds, so when I have time I will be back to
    read much more, Please do keep up the excellent jo.http://awriter.org/superiorpaperscom/

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow very creative this is so nice and really funny
    Tanaman Obat Penyakit Epilepsi

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely creative...saandar...
    We exclusively practice immigration law and our experienced lawyers rank amongst the best immigration lawyers in the markets they serve.

    EB-5, EB-5 Visa, EB5 Lawyers, EB-5 Visa India

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful creations!! I enjoyed visiting your blog. Your crochet is done with care. Lovely work. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I definitely think those eggs are winners, too cute! Have a lovely week, Lisa.

    สูตรบาคาร่า
    goldenslot

    ReplyDelete