Tuesday 21 July 2015

Apples for the Teachers








School finished for the summer last Friday and these bags were our
gifts to Markie's teachers. I was busy making them last week, hand
stitching the appliques and then sewing together all the bag pieces.
I always enjoy projects like these and was very glad to be able to make
these presents to show her teachers our appreciation for all their
hard work. They've done a fantastic job making learning fun and interesting for the children and it's really thanks to them that Markie
 has had a good first year at school. She's learned so much, has made
many friends and most of all, she's really enjoyed her time at reception.
We are grateful to her teachers and it was a real pleasure making them
these gifts. Fingers crossed she'll be just as happy in Year One next
school year. But we're not really thinking about that yet. We're too busy
enjoying the summer holidays at the moment. We're off to the seaside
this Saturday and we're really looking forward to a whole week in
Robin Hood's Bay. A whole week! Can't wait!

I hope the summer holidays have started where you are and
it's going well. Whatever your plans are I hope you enjoy them.
See you soon!


9 comments:

  1. They're beautiful! A twist on the traditional apple for the teacher :) Have a wonderful time away and enjoy the summer together :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bags are beautiful, Marion. I really enjoy doing this kind of applique too. I have a project to do soon for birthday gifts for my nieces, appliqued aprons. I hope you have a wonderful summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bags are wonderful!! Good teachers are a treasure, I'm so glad Markie has enjoyed her school year. I hope your time at the seaside is fun and relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a really beautiful, colourful, original,gift Marion. I bet they were bowled over. Enjoy your week in Robin Hood's Bay! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful gifts! I would have been thrilled and honoured to have received such a gift! I hope that the next year at school is just as good! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so lovely! What a sweet and useful gift. I haven't done any applique for a while and I'd forgotten how much I enjoy it. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Marion, those blanket stitches look tiny, it must have taken you ages to make these bags! What a thoughtful person you are. Hope you have a wonderful holiday, we went to North Yorkshire five years ago and I long to return there. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're brilliant, Marion, your sewing is impeccably neat! I should think Markie's teachers were thrilled with their bags. I hope you've had a super time away! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are gorgeous Marion. Lucky teachers!
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete