As promised, I'm back with a finished crocheted project.
I started making this cushion cover around March this year and
finally finished it a few weeks ago. I don't think it would have taken that
long to make if I hadn't been distracted by other projects. I just dipped
in and out, adding a round or two whenever I can. Eventually I had two
squares that were just the right size, joined them together and
it was done! And now we have a new handmade cushion on our sofa.
I used Drops Cotton Light yarn and I'm very happy with the colours
I've chosen. They've been wonderful to work with but I'm a bit
disappointed that the squares came out a bit wonky. It's really
noticeable at the back.
I've blocked both sides but it didn't make much difference and I've
realized this wouldn't have been an issue if I'd maintained the same
tension throughout. I'd definitely keep this in mind the next time I
do any crochet.
I joined both sides with double crochets and these button loops
were made with chains. We can be quite messy around here and
it's good to be able to take the cover off and wash it if we need to.
Here are my girls with Mummy's new cushion. They like it very
much and despite the wonkiness I have to say I like it very much too!
That's all from me for now. I hope you're all keeping well.
Thank you as always for stopping by. Have a great week!