After making my crocheted pot holder in January, I decided
to make a couple more to use in our kitchen and here they are.
I have hand and machine stitched these two instead of crocheting
them and I think they've turned out okey. The red one is a bit wonky-
I was too caught up with sewing the binding to notice that one side
was more curvy than straight. Oops! Never mind, it's still fine and
it was good to practice attaching the binding. I'll try and remember
what I've learned here when I get to the binding stage of my
patchwork quilt later on.
These pot holders are about 6.5"x6.5" square and all the materials
I used here were from my fabric and sewing stash. The wadding is
the same one I used for my patchwork quilt and tea cosy. It's thick
enough and these two are great for lifting lids and moving pots
around when we're cooking on the hob. I think they're also good
as table mats and they add some lovely colour to our kitchen.
I'm really glad I made them!
So it's Friday again. Wishing you all a great weekend full of fun
and sunshine. Ours will be a staying in sort of weekend- Lulu's got
the chicken pox so we can't really do much. We had plans to go
walking with the girls in Derbyshire but that will now have to be for
another time. Anyway, enjoy your weekend and see you soon!