Monday 1 September 2014

Our Happy Weekend



We've had a really lovely weekend, the quiet but happy sort.
 First off on Saturday I had my driving and I passed! I still can't
quite believe it but what a relief, especially after all the previous
 disappointments. I have to say luck was definitely with us that day
because soon afterwards my husband's shift finished early and
we were able to meet up for lunch in town. We haven't had time
to do something like this in ages so it was really nice. I also found
 some great, unexpected bargains in town and that's always
a happy thing. The girls stayed over at Nanny and GrandDad's house
 and they had the most brilliant time too. They came back to
Sheffield on the train in the afternoon --very, very exciting!

So our Saturday was really amazing. Sunday was quieter,
 but equally happy. We went to church then spent the rest of the day
 at home. I crocheted and did a bit of blog reading, the girls played,
my husband cooked. We just pottered about and enjoyed being
 around each other while doing our own things.






And today as we start a new week and a new month, we feel
more rested and just generally in a better mood than we did the
previous week. Actually it's really amazing how the weekend went
because the week started off so differently--with lots of stress,
tiredness, even tears. It's been the running theme for the whole
of August for us--so many things going on but not enough time
to rest and be together. But thankfully things are looking much better
for us this September--more days off work for my husband,
more family time. We're very excited about Markie starting school
this Wednesday and now I can drive her there! Hooray!

So that's our weekend. Hope yours was lovely too.
Thank you for all your comments for my crocheted headband.
They're really appreciated. I'll make some for the girls later on
if they want me to. At the moment they like their hairslides
and pigtails so we'll have to see.

Thanks as always for stopping by. Have a great week!



7 comments:

  1. Fantastic news about your driving test - well done! It will give you a new freedom & independence I'm sure. Sounds like a really lovely weekend. We all need one like that once in a while definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the driving test! Amazing! Glad you have had a lovely family filled weekend! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I needed a couple of tries to pass my driving test when I was younger and I was so relieved to pass. I'm glad you had a nice, relaxing weekend with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on passing your driving test - great news. Love the photo of your daughters' toys scattered about!
    Hope starting school goes well - how exciting.
    Caz xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on passing your driving test! Well done, you just be delighted. It sounds like you had a really nice, family weekend too. Hope your wee one is settling in at school okay.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on passing your driving test! Hope the start of school went well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many congrats on passing your test, Marion, fantastic news!

    ReplyDelete